Are you wondering where you will find the time this week to fit a workout into the Christmas shopping, turkey collecting, house decorating madness? Don’t panic – I have got you covered with a speedy 10 minute Christmas HIIT!
This is a great one as you don’t need any equipment and you can take it literally anywhere – even the garden (if you’re feeling brave) – minimal space needed! So, if you’re beginner level go for 10 reps of each, intermediate try 15 and if you’re really wanting to feel the burn go for 20!
7 exercises, 3 rounds – let me know how you get on! If you want any guidance on how to do the exercises, check out my Instagram post on it here.
- Squats – remember to keep the core engaged, chest proud and weight in the heels.
- Drop squats – strong core, strong legs and squeeze those glutes.
- Mountain climbers – don’t forget to engage with the arms and core to prevent the body swinging from side to side.
- Skaters – make sure you execute each rep fully and focus on that core and balance.
- Jacks – get the heart rate up!
- Forward lunges – drive through the front heel, keep the upper body upright and tall and keep that core engaged.
- Plank taps – focus on not letting your body move from side to side as you do these, lift through the quads and engage your core!
And for anyone who might have issues with knees or need to avoid high impact you can substitute the drop squats for low impact high knee marches on the spot and you can also take out the forward lunges & do plain squats (not too low) or step ups on a stair/step.
Let me know how you get on! Have a fabulous Christmas!
If you’re looking for a regular, quick class to fit into your busy week? Here’s a little info about Caroline’s Circuits – I have long since been an advocate of strength training, particularly for women, and with this in mind I built my platform – Caroline’s Circuits. My workouts are 3 times a week for just 30 minutes. They focus on strength-based circuits which work different muscle groups and challenge the body, keeping the heart rate moderate to high with passive or active rest – they give the perfect mix of strength and cardio for the best results.
The workouts are Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am (they are all recorded and available to you on demand within an hour of the session if you can’t make the live) and are available worldwide. Classes have been specifically designed to suit all fitness levels and create fitness habits which last & which produce results.
If you have any questions please do get in touch.
For more workout ideas and to find out more about me check out my Instagram or the website,