Thankyou for visiting Caroline's Circuits. Caroline's Circuits respects your privacy. Here we outline what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. Information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name, contact number.
- How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources, this can include:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an Account).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services.
- We receive some of it from third parties e.g. if you are registering to use a Third Party Service or you make a payment via our payment processor. Currently, our payment processor is Stripe.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Caroline's Circuits and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address so you can sign in to your Caroline's Circuits account.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Caroline's Circuits business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring Caroline's Circuits is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Users on a sustained basis..
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our Users who have a legitimate interest in having their sites function properly and securely and analyzing the usage of their sites so they can understand trends and improve their services.
How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information on www.carolinescircuits.com
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and fr
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.