The festive period can be a challenging time for exercise and wellbeing but remember it is also a time of year when we can indulge a little and enjoy quality time with family and friends – life is all about balance after all! So ensure you get the rest you need, enjoy the festivities and here’s a few tips to ensure you keep on track with your fitness should you need them:
- Set small, specific, achievable goals which boost morale – now isn’t the time to take up running or train for a marathon! Commit to things you know you can achieve if you put your mind to it and plan ahead – maybe it’s a yoga class, a quick hiit session/ 3 short classes per week or getting out for a walk and some fresh air? Now that sounds much more achievable. A great idea is to go with a friend too…
- Stay hydrated! It will help with the digestion of the rich foods, as well as improving concentration, focus and performance. Drink that water!
- Vary your workouts – your normal routine is probably hard to follow this month so why not mix up your training too?! Try that new class, do the free trial and see what you think. We are much more likely to stick with an exercise routine that we enjoy. Keep your workouts short when you are pushed for time in the busy period and try to get them done first thing in the morning before the busy day begins..
- On that note, set an early alarm – it sounds mad, you’re probably out later than normal some nights but getting up early, getting out for a walk and seizing the day can massively help concentration and productivity and put you in the right mindset. A Christmas Day early walk is an amazing way to start the day!
- Don’t forget to prioritise your sleep this month! SO SO KEY. Not only will you feel more inclined to work out but you will also make better food choices, be more focussed, boost your immune system etc etc to keep you going through December!
- Remember finally it’s all about balance this month: try to keep your diet in check with vitamins and nutrients in your meals to replenish those energy stores! But also enjoy those festive treats!
So looking for a quick class to fit into your busy week? Here’s a little info about Caroline’s Circuits – I have long since been an advocate of strength training, particularly for women, and with this in mind I built my platform – Caroline’s Circuits. My workouts are 3 times a week for just 30 minutes. They focus on strength-based circuits which work different muscle groups and challenge the body, keeping the heart rate moderate to high with passive or active rest – they give the perfect mix of strength and cardio for the best results.
The workouts are Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am (they are all recorded and available to you on demand within an hour of the session if you can’t make the live) and are available worldwide. Classes have been specifically designed to suit all fitness levels and create fitness habits which last & which produce results.
Intrigued to know more or have a go? Try a class for free here or read more about the platform here.
If you have any questions please do get in touch.
For more workout ideas and to find out more about me check out my Instagram or the website,